This “mayo” is a delicious way to enjoy a creamy spread while using only good fats. For your party, it'll work as an irrestible dip, served with small rice crackers.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2-1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped pickled sushi ginger
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Instructions: Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a small jar and refrigerate. Keeps refrigerated for 2 days. Serve with mini rice crackers.
Makes: 3/4 cup
Fit Factor: 25 calories, 2g fat, 1g carbs (0g sugars),10mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 0 g protein per 1-tbsp serving
Recipe reprinted from Flavor First by Cheryl Forberg (Rodale, 2011)
- Queen of HalloweenLook back at Heidi Klum's craziest costumes.
- The "Airpocalypse" in PhotosBeijing Marathon runners donned face masks to beat smog.
- Getting to Know Gal GadotThe Israeli actress is in the mix for 'Ben Hur' role.
- Dairy-Free Ways to Get More CalciumTen foods for stronger bones, teeth, and muscles.