This “mayo” is a delicious way to enjoy a creamy spread while using only good fats. For your party, it'll work as an irrestible dip, served with small rice crackers.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2-1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped pickled sushi ginger
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Instructions: Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a small jar and refrigerate. Keeps refrigerated for 2 days. Serve with mini rice crackers.
Makes: 3/4 cup
Fit Factor: 25 calories, 2g fat, 1g carbs (0g sugars),10mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 0 g protein per 1-tbsp serving
Recipe reprinted from Flavor First by Cheryl Forberg (Rodale, 2011)
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.
- 6 Substitutions That Will Clean Up Your Grocery ListClean substitutions to make at the market.
- 13 Grooming Essentials for MenPower products to improve your skin.