This simple dish was inspired by an appetizer at Kitchen Door restaurant in Napa, California. Leftovers are great on sandwiches—not that there will be any leftovers.
- 8 oz fresh shishitos peppers (approx 35 – 45 peppers)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ - 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place the peppers on the grate and grill for approximately 1 minute on each side. Each side should be lightly charred. Because the peppers are small, they’ll continue cooking after you remove them from them heat.
- Place peppers in a medium size mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Toss gently and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot or at room temperature. Peppers will also keep refrigerated for one to two days.
Serves: 4 (one serving = 6-8 peppers)
Fit Factor: 20 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbs (2g sugars), 135mg sodium, 1g fiber, 1g protein per serving
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.
- 6 Substitutions That Will Clean Up Your Grocery ListClean substitutions to make at the market.
- 13 Grooming Essentials for MenPower products to improve your skin.