Connect with us
10 Healthy Super Bowl Snack Ideas
6. Spicy Pita Triangles
These are easy to throw together for last minute entertaining. Add a bowl of hummus, salsa, or your favorite dip—and let the game begin.
- 6 six-inch whole-grain pita breads
- olive oil cooking spray
- ¾ tsp garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a sharp knife, cut each pita bread in half, then each half into 4 triangles. Carefully separate each triangle into 2 pieces. There should be 16 small triangles per pita bread.
- Arrange triangles in a single layer on two baking sheets. Lightly coat triangles with cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasoning powder. Gentle toss and rearrange to cover baking sheet
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and using a metal spatula, gently turn pitas over and continue to bake until crisp and golden brown, about 8 minutes longer. Chips will get crispy as they cool. Store in airtight containers or self-sealing plastic bags.
Serves: 12 (one serving = 8 triangles)
Fit Factor: 90 calories, 1g fat, 170mg sodium, 18g carb (0g sugars), 3g fiber, 3g protein per serving
Watch six trainer/athletes attempt to power through a 15-minute full body CrossFit workout.
Danny Boome's Tips on Grilling Fish [VIDEO] Celebrity chef Danny Boome shares the secret to getting fresh-tasting grilled fish.
Bodyweight Workout: Six-Pack Plank Variations Rip up your core from the floor with this 8-move sequence routine.
Easy Hairstyles Every Guy Should Know How to Do Justin Timberlake's hair stylist and AXE expert Amy Komorowski demonstrates how to do two classic looks every guy should master.