The Fridge15-Minute Meal: Make This Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
Sick of the same old, same old? Fancy up your go-to lean protein source with some breadcrumbs and broccoli rabe for an impressive—and satisfying—dinner.
MF Editors Recommend
Everyone loves a good chicken parm. Not everyone loves a smothering of sugar-laden sauce and copious amounts of processed mozzarella cheese.
With a little light breading, some fresh mozzarella, and a nutrient-packed topping of sautéed broccoli rabe and sundried tomatoes, you’ll be able to turn that lean chicken breast into a souped-up version of the original. Bonus: It’s fast enough to whip up on a weeknight, yet fancy enough to impress the ladies—Mom included.
CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI RABE & MOZZERELLA
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, steamed or sautéed
- 2 oz. sundried tomato slivers
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Sauté garlic until golden, then discard.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper on each side.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on four plates and top with mozzarella and broccoli rabe.
- Garnish with tomato slivers and serve.