Everyone loves a good chicken parm. Not everyone loves a smothering of sugar-laden sauce and copious amounts of processed mozzarella cheese.
With a little light breading, some fresh mozzarella, and a nutrient-packed topping of sautéed broccoli rabe and sundried tomatoes, you’ll be able to turn that lean chicken breast into a souped-up version of the original. Bonus: It’s fast enough to whip up on a weeknight, yet fancy enough to impress the ladies—Mom included.
CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI RABE & MOZZERELLA
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, steamed or sautéed
- 2 oz. sundried tomato slivers
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Sauté garlic until golden, then discard.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper on each side.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on four plates and top with mozzarella and broccoli rabe.
- Garnish with tomato slivers and serve.
- High-Protein Banana Oat MuffinsRelieve yourself of the guilt that comes after eating a muffin with our simple three-step recipe for a delicious, muscle-building snack.
- An Easy Guacamole Recipe for Your Super Bowl PartyAvocados are the ultimate power food. So MF got Chef George Duran (of TLC Ultimate Cake Off fame) to share three simple steps to the perfect crunchy guac.