Connect with us
18 Easy Paleo Diet Recipes
DINNER: Spiced Pot Roast
- 4 lb beef chuck
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lard
- ⅔ cup beef broth, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- Sprinkle roast lightly all over with salt, if using. In a small bowl, mix together pepper, allspice, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over both sides of roast and rub in well. Stab it all over with a fork.
- Core tomatoes, cut in chunks, and put in food processor. Peel onion and cut it in chunks; throw in food processor with tomatoes. Pulse until chopped. Now add olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Run the processor till you’ve got a thin paste.
- Put roast in a big zipper-lock bag and pour in mixture from food processor. Seal bag, pressing out air as you go. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Pull out roast; drain and reserve marinade. In a Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, melt lard and sear roast on both sides.
- Now add marinade, beef broth, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cover and let cook for a good 2 ½ to 3 hours, until the meat is fork-tender.
- Remove roast to a platter and keep warm. Now turn up heat and reduce juices in pot until they’re starting to thicken up. Pour sauce into gravy boat and serve with pot roast.
NUTRITION: 763 calories; 59 g fat; 50 g protein; 7 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 6 g net carbs per serving.
Watch six trainer/athletes attempt to power through a 15-minute full body CrossFit workout.
Danny Boome's Tips on Grilling Fish [VIDEO] Celebrity chef Danny Boome shares the secret to getting fresh-tasting grilled fish.
Bodyweight Workout: Six-Pack Plank Variations Rip up your core from the floor with this 8-move sequence routine.
Easy Hairstyles Every Guy Should Know How to Do Justin Timberlake's hair stylist and AXE expert Amy Komorowski demonstrates how to do two classic looks every guy should master.