6 oz 99% lean ground turkey
2 tbsp plus 1⁄4 cup low-fat marinara sauce, heated in microwave
Olive oil spray
1⁄2 cup green bell pepper strips
1 oz low-fat mozzarella, shredded
6 slices turkey pepperoni
1 whole-wheat hamburger bun (31⁄2 inches in diameter)
1) In a medium bowl, mix turkey and 2 tbsp marinara until well combined. Shape mixture into patty with a diameter that’s 1⁄2 inch larger than the bun.
2) Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mist pan with spray, then add patty to one side of the pan and peppers to the other. Cook burger about 2–3 minutes per side while rotating peppers occasionally until peppers are tender and burger is cooked to desired doneness. About 1 minute before burger and peppers are done, place cheese and pepperoni on top of patty.
3) Place patty on bun bottom. Top with peppers. Spoon sauce onto burger. Add bun top and enjoy immediately.
421 calories, 57g protein, 29g carbs, 10g fat
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.