6 oz 99% lean ground turkey
2 tbsp plus 1⁄4 cup low-fat marinara sauce, heated in microwave
Olive oil spray
1⁄2 cup green bell pepper strips
1 oz low-fat mozzarella, shredded
6 slices turkey pepperoni
1 whole-wheat hamburger bun (31⁄2 inches in diameter)
1) In a medium bowl, mix turkey and 2 tbsp marinara until well combined. Shape mixture into patty with a diameter that’s 1⁄2 inch larger than the bun.
2) Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mist pan with spray, then add patty to one side of the pan and peppers to the other. Cook burger about 2–3 minutes per side while rotating peppers occasionally until peppers are tender and burger is cooked to desired doneness. About 1 minute before burger and peppers are done, place cheese and pepperoni on top of patty.
3) Place patty on bun bottom. Top with peppers. Spoon sauce onto burger. Add bun top and enjoy immediately.
421 calories, 57g protein, 29g carbs, 10g fat
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.
- 6 Substitutions That Will Clean Up Your Grocery ListClean substitutions to make at the market.
- 13 Grooming Essentials for MenPower products to improve your skin.