2 tbsp no-salt-added tomato sauce
1⁄2 tsp salt-free Cajun or Creole seasoning, plus 1⁄2 extra to taste, divided (if you can’t find salt free, go for low sodium)
4 oz lean ground chicken breast
Olive oil spray
4 large shrimp (about 2oz each), peeled and deveined
1 1⁄4-inch slice red onion(full round with rings)
1/2 green bell pepper
2 oz lean smoked turkey sausage, cut in half to open, keeping the halves connected
1 whole-wheat hamburger bun (31⁄2 inches in diameter)
1) Preheat grill to high.
2) Mix tomato sauce and seasoning in a small bowl. Shape chicken into patty with a diameter that’s 1⁄2 inch larger than the bun.
3) Mist both sides of patty, shrimp, onion slice (keeping it intact) and bell pepper with spray and then sprinkle with extra seasoning to taste on both sides.
4) Grill patty (until no longer pink),pepper and onion (until tender), and sausage (until hot through) about 3 minutes per side, and shrimp (until no longer translucent) about 1 minute per side. Toast bun away from direct flame for 1 minute, if desired.
5) Place bun bottom on plate. Top with chicken, onion, pepper,sausage, then shrimp. Spoon sauce onto inside of bun top and place top on burger. Enjoy immediately.
452 calories, 57g protein, 32g carbs, 10g fat
- Five Savory Nutrition BarsBars that taste like a meal, not a candy bar.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.