1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
1 cup chopped sweet onion
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
1 14.5-oz can each cannellini, pinto, black, and light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 40.5-oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 28-oz can whole tomatoes
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
1. Sauté corn and onions in a skillet for 6-10 minutes.
2. In a large crockpot, combine all ingredients. Simmer of high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Don't have a crockpot? Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
Makes: 12 1-cup servings
Nutrition (per serving): 180 calories, 1 g fat, 36 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 11 g protein
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.