1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
1 cup chopped sweet onion
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
1 14.5-oz can each cannellini, pinto, black, and light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 40.5-oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 28-oz can whole tomatoes
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
1. Sauté corn and onions in a skillet for 6-10 minutes.
2. In a large crockpot, combine all ingredients. Simmer of high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Don't have a crockpot? Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
Makes: 12 1-cup servings
Nutrition (per serving): 180 calories, 1 g fat, 36 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 11 g protein
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.