Cut calories and fat from your favorite football-watching foods.
Molly Morgan, RD 1 / 5
1 cup corn (frozen or fresh) 1 cup chopped sweet onion 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes 1 14.5-oz can each cannellini, pinto, black, and light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 40.5-oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 28-oz can whole tomatoes 1/4 cup taco seasoning 1 tsp chili powder
1. Sauté corn and onions in a skillet for 6-10 minutes.
2. In a large crockpot, combine all ingredients. Simmer of high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Don't have a crockpot? Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
Makes: 12 1-cup servings
Nutrition (per serving): 180 calories, 1 g fat, 36 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 11 g protein
2. Place egg whites in a dish and whisk with a fork. Place bread crumbs in a separate dish.
3. Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
4. Dip chicken fingers in egg mixture and then in bread crumbs.
5. Place tenders in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Serve with Buffalo Wing Dip (next slide).
Nutrition (per serving): 130 calories, 1 g fat, 7 g carbohydrates, 21 g protein