SHELLS & CHEESE WITH SHRIMP, BROCCOLI & BACON
MAKES: 1 SERVING
1 ½ tsp flour
¼ cup fat-free milk
Olive oil spray
4 oz large, peeled, raw shrimp (ideally 20–25)
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
Garlic powder, to taste
2 oz 75% light or low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup cooked (2 oz dry) whole-wheat pasta shells
1 tbsp jarred bacon pieces
1) In a small bowl, using a whisk, mix the flour with 1 tbsp milk until smooth. Gradually add the remaining milk, and then transfer to a small saucepan and set aside.
2) Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mist with cooking spray. When pan is hot, add shrimp and asparagus in a single layer. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. Cook shrimp 1–2 minutes per side until no longer pink; stir asparagus occasionally.
3) While the shrimp and asparagus cook, place the milk mixture over medium heat. Add cheese and stir constantly until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the cooked shells, shrimp, and asparagus and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with bacon bits and enjoy immediately.
521 calories, 55g protein, 55g carbs, 10g fat
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.