MAKES: 4 Servings
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp lime zest
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
FOR THE QUESADILLAS
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeño (fresh or jarred without sodium), halved, seeds removed, finely diced
8 oz leftover skinless turkey, coarsely chopped
1 cup no-salt-added black beans, drained
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1⁄4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
4 8-inch low-carb whole-wheat flour tortillas
1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
1) In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lime zest, and lime juice.
2) Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
When simmering, add onion and garlic; cook till translucent, about 2 minutes. Add jalapeño and cook till softened, about 1 minute. Add turkey, black beans, cumin, and oregano, and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper; cook until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
3) Add 2 tbsp shredded cheese onto half of each tortilla. Top with 1 cup turkey mixture and 2 more tbsp cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing down to seal.
4) Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Put 2 quesadillas in the pan and cook, turning once, till the outside browns slightly and cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
5) Place cooked quesadillas on a plate and slice in half. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas.
6) Serve with . cup yogurt sauce and 2 tbsp salsa for dipping.
NUTRITION (PER SERVING)
439 calories, 41g protein, 38g carbs, 19g fat