Here’s your grilling game plan: Keep the meat lean, the buns optional—then add a kick with these healthy toppings and condiments.
1. Mango Chile Slaw
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded, loosely packed (from about ½ head cabbage)
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, sliced into very thin rings (wear gloves)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup peanuts, skin on, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Instructions: In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except salt and pepper. Then taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Yield: 4 cups
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.