Here’s your grilling game plan: Keep the meat lean, the buns optional—then add a kick with these healthy toppings and condiments.
1. Mango Chile Slaw
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded, loosely packed (from about ½ head cabbage)
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, sliced into very thin rings (wear gloves)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup peanuts, skin on, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Instructions: In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except salt and pepper. Then taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Yield: 4 cups
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.