"Recently, there has been a lot of talk about the umami factor, or the fifth taste. Umami gives foods a savory, over-the-top flavor that makes you want to have another bite, and another, and another. We created this mixture to take our burgers over the top." —Andy and Chris
- 6 tbsp porcini powder
- 2 tbsp Portobello powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
Instructions: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months. Ideally, you should add it when you are grinding your meat since it becomes fully incorporated that way. We add a little over 1 tablespoon per pound of meat. If you are folding it in by hand, make sure to mix it in well.
Yield: About 1 cup (enough for 14 to 16 burgers)
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.