“Disclaimer: We are huge fans of kimchi. Traditionally, this spicy Korean condiment ferments for days—or longer— in a cool, dark place. Here is a quick version that is very, very tasty. But nobody would accuse it of being traditional.” —Andy and Chris
- ½ small head Napa cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste, sambal, or Sriracha
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Instructions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let sit out for 4 hours. Mix again. Refrigerate until needed and up to 1 week.
Yield: About 12 cups
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.