“Disclaimer: We are huge fans of kimchi. Traditionally, this spicy Korean condiment ferments for days—or longer— in a cool, dark place. Here is a quick version that is very, very tasty. But nobody would accuse it of being traditional.” —Andy and Chris
- ½ small head Napa cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste, sambal, or Sriracha
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Instructions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let sit out for 4 hours. Mix again. Refrigerate until needed and up to 1 week.
Yield: About 12 cups
- Queen of HalloweenLook back at Heidi Klum's craziest costumes.
- The "Airpocalypse" in PhotosBeijing Marathon runners donned face masks to beat smog.
- Getting to Know Gal GadotThe Israeli actress is in the mix for 'Ben Hur' role.
- Dairy-Free Ways to Get More CalciumTen foods for stronger bones, teeth, and muscles.