The FridgeAn Easy Guacamole Recipe for Your Super Bowl Party
Avocados are the ultimate power food. So MF got Chef George Duran (of TLC Ultimate Cake Off fame) to share three simple steps to the perfect crunchy guac.
It’s a safe bet: Pretty much everyone loves a good guac, making it a perfect pick for your Super Bowl party spread.
That said, everyone also seems to have their very own idea of what makes a guac good.
And while it’s risky to mess with a classic, this recipe from celeb chef George Duran puts a unique spin on the typically smooth avocado dip—and does it right. Using diced radishes and chives to bulk up every batch, Duran adds a magic crunch factor you didn’t even know you were missing.
Just trust us—by trying it this weekend.
GEORGE DURAN’S CRUNCHY HERBED GUACAMOLE
- 2 ripened avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 small red radishes, diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chive
- Kosher salt or table salt, to taste
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- Bottled Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl (or, for best results, a Molcajete) and add the cilantro, chopped chives, lime juice, and chipotle hot pepper sauce.
- Gently mash with until the desired consistency is reached.
- Fold in diced radishes and season with salt to taste.