FLAX SEED WAFFLES WITH SAUSAGE
Makes: 3 waffles and 3 sausage patties
1/2 tbsp flaxseeds
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp wheat germ
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup whisked eggs (about 11⁄2 eggs)
1/2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper
1/2 lb ground pork
TO PREPARE WAFFLES
1) Place flaxseeds in a coffee grinder or blender and process until ground. Set the flaxseed meal aside.
2) Spoon both flours into measuring cups and level. Combine the flaxseed meal, flours, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
3) In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla, and then add to flour mixture, stirring until moist.
4) Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray; preheat. Spoon 1/5-cup of batter per 4-inch waffle onto the hot iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 6 minutes or until steaming stops. Repeat with remaining batter.
5) Serve waffles with sugar-free syrup.
TO PREPARE SAUSAGES
1) Mix spices in a small bowl and then mix into the pork with your hands. Form 3 patties.
2) Place a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the pork and pan-fry 3–4 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center.
774 calories, 77g protein, 56g carbs, 25g fat
5 Muscle-Building Breakfasts >>>
Makes: 5 large cakes
4 whole eggs
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
Strawberry preserves or strawberries (optional)
1) Blend the bananas, eggs, and almond butter to make a batter (you can use a blender on a low setting or mix the ingredients with a fork).
2) Heat a medium-size skillet on high. Pour in the coconut oil. When it’s hot, add the batter to form cakes. Cook until bubbles form and burst and then flip. Cook another minute or until undersides of pancakes are brown.
3) Plate the pancakes and cover with strawberry preserves or fresh strawberries, if you like. (The pancakes are sweet enough without it.)
812 calories, 34g protein, 60g carbs, 52g fat
EGGS BENEDICT WITH CRAB
Makes: 2 servings
1/4 cup grass-fed whole milk
1/4 cup light mayo
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp grass-fed butter
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 large eggs
2 English muffins, toasted
4 oz fresh lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
Cracked black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
1) To make the sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring with a whisk. Add butter and stir until it melts. Keep warm.
2) To make eggs, add water to a large skillet, filling it two- thirds full. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
3) Add white wine vinegar to the water. Break each egg into a cup and then pour it gently into pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until your preferred doneness.
4) Place 1 muffin, cut sides up, on each of 2 plates, and divide crab among muffins. Remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
5) Gently place 1 egg on each muffin half. Top each serving with about 3 tbsp sauce. Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Garnish with chives, if desired.
298 calories, 18g protein, 27g carbs, 12g fat
Makes: 1 serving
1 tbsp apricot preserves
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup low-fat granola
1 tbsp slivered almonds
1) Place apricot preserves in a bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds or until preserves melt. Add strawberries and toss gently to coat.
2) Spoon some yogurt into a glass; top with strawberry mixture. Repeat these layers, then top with granola and almonds. Serve.
273 calories, 15g protein, 47g carbs, 5g fat
Protein Power: 6 Healthy and Easy Ways to Eat Yogurt >>>
Makes: 1 serving
2 whole eggs
1 1/2 tsp nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp prepared pesto sauce
3 grape tomatoes, sliced
1 slice turkey bacon
1 10-inch flour tortilla
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grapes
1) Beat the eggs in a bowl with the yogurt until blended, and then stir in the cheddar.
2) Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and pesto sauce and cook until the onion is translucent.
3) Add the tomatoes to the pesto and onion and stir. Now pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook and stir until the eggs are cooked, about 3 minutes. Transfer everything from the skillet and set aside.
4) Place the turkey bacon in the skillet and fry until thoroughly cooked and starting to crisp. When the bacon is done, remove from the pan.
5) Respray the skillet and place the tortilla onto it. Heat until it’s warm. Remove to a plate.
6) Spoon the eggs and turkey bacon into the tortilla’s center and season wit h salt and pepper. Fold the bottom 2 inches of the tortilla up to enclose the filling and wrap tightly. Serve with grapes on the side.
687 calories, 34g protein, 70g carbs, 32g fat
Best Breakfasts For Weight Loss >>>