EGGS BENEDICT WITH CRAB
Makes: 2 servings
1/4 cup grass-fed whole milk
1/4 cup light mayo
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp grass-fed butter
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 large eggs
2 English muffins, toasted
4 oz fresh lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
Cracked black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
1) To make the sauce, combine first 5 ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring with a whisk. Add butter and stir until it melts. Keep warm.
2) To make eggs, add water to a large skillet, filling it two- thirds full. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
3) Add white wine vinegar to the water. Break each egg into a cup and then pour it gently into pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until your preferred doneness.
4) Place 1 muffin, cut sides up, on each of 2 plates, and divide crab among muffins. Remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
5) Gently place 1 egg on each muffin half. Top each serving with about 3 tbsp sauce. Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Garnish with chives, if desired.
298 calories, 18g protein, 27g carbs, 12g fat