Beer-Steamed Lobster Tail with Avocado Slices
- ½ can light beer
- 2 lobster tails
- ½ avocado
- Bring beer to a boil in a saucepan, then reduce to medium heat.
- Split lobster tails and place on top of a steamer basket above the boiling beer for 8–10 minutes.
- Slice avocado lengthwise and serve next to lobster.
The Numbers: 415 Calories; 46g Protein; 12 Carbs; 17g Fat; 7g Fiber.
Total Time: 20 minutes.
Alaskan Halibut with Sweet-Potato and Black Eyed Peas
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup black-eyed peas
- 1 halibut steak
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, toss sweet potato with onion, garlic, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread onto a baking tray, roast for 15 minutes, stir, then roast another 15 minutes.
- Add black-eyed peas to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain black-eyed peas and toss with sweet potato.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Coat halibut in 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place halibut in skillet and cook for 4 minutes each side.
- Plate potato mixture and top with halibut. Drizzle lemon juice, season with black pepper, and serve.
The Numbers: 792 Calories; 51g Protein; 44g Carbs; 48g Fat; 8g Fiber.
Total Time: 40 minutes.
Grilled Chicken Risotto
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz chicken breast, sliced
- ½ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup zucchini
- ¼ cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high. Add chicken and sauté, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes. Set aside. Leave skillet over medium high.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Add tsp oil to skillet, then throw in zucchini, mushrooms, and onion. Stir until tender.
- Add rice to skillet and stir for 3 minutes. Add Greek yogurt and stir until combined.
- Add chicken to skillet, stir until combined, and serve.
The Numbers: 837 Calories; 80g Protein; 80g Carbs; 20g Fat; 5g Fiber.
Total Time: 34 minutes.