Dish Up: Healthy Meals You Can Make at Home
Your body, career, and goals have all advanced—so should your diet. Improve your culinary skills with this gourmet but healthy meal plan.
Grilled Tequila-Pineapple Sandwich
- 2 slices pineapple
- 4 oz anejo tequila
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 1 slice whole-wheat toast
- Place pineapple slices in a shallow bowl with tequila. Allow pineapple to soak in tequila for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix protein powder and peanut butter together in a bowl. Spread mixture onto toasted slice of whole-wheat bread.
- Grill tequila-soaked pineapple slices for 30 seconds each side.Let stand for 1 minute and serve on top of peanut butter mix.
The Numbers: 640 Calories; 12g Protein; 36g Carbs; 19g Fat; 4g Fiber.
Total Time: 20 minutes.
Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp honey
Make It: Blend all ingredients together, then serve immediately
The Numbers: 582 Calories; 36g Protein; 103g Carbs; 6g Fat; 5g Fiber.
Total Time: 3 minutes.
Banana, Walnut and Blueberry Loaf
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup oats
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients (except walnuts and berries) until smooth, throw in walnuts and berries, stir, then pour into dish.
- Bake until you can insert a fork and remove it with no batter sticking, about 17 minutes.
- Once done, you can eat as-is, or toast a slice and spread Greek yogurt on top. Makes 12 servings.
The Numbers (per muffin): 101 Calories; 8g Protein; 10g Carbs; 4g Fat; 1g Fiber.
Total Time: 31 minutes.