Grilled Tequila-Pineapple Sandwich
- 2 slices pineapple
- 4 oz anejo tequila
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 1 slice whole-wheat toast
- Place pineapple slices in a shallow bowl with tequila. Allow pineapple to soak in tequila for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix protein powder and peanut butter together in a bowl. Spread mixture onto toasted slice of whole-wheat bread.
- Grill tequila-soaked pineapple slices for 30 seconds each side.Let stand for 1 minute and serve on top of peanut butter mix.
The Numbers: 640 Calories; 12g Protein; 36g Carbs; 19g Fat; 4g Fiber.
Total Time: 20 minutes.
Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp honey
Make It: Blend all ingredients together, then serve immediately
The Numbers: 582 Calories; 36g Protein; 103g Carbs; 6g Fat; 5g Fiber.
Total Time: 3 minutes.
Banana, Walnut and Blueberry Loaf
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup oats
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Blend all ingredients (except walnuts and berries) until smooth, throw in walnuts and berries, stir, then pour into dish.
- Bake until you can insert a fork and remove it with no batter sticking, about 17 minutes.
- Once done, you can eat as-is, or toast a slice and spread Greek yogurt on top. Makes 12 servings.
The Numbers (per muffin): 101 Calories; 8g Protein; 10g Carbs; 4g Fat; 1g Fiber.
Total Time: 31 minutes.