Greek Salad with Chargrilled Salmon
Ingredients for Salmon:
- 6 oz salmon fillet
- Salt and freshly groundblack pepper
- ½ tsp garlic-infusedextra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Extra-virgin olive oil (for brushing grill)
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 heirloom tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced crosswise
- 2 tbsp pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 oz feta cheese
- ¼ tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper, then brush with garlic oil and dried oregano. Brush grill with olive oil.
- Grill salmon for 3 minutes each side.
- Place red wine vinegar in a bowl. Add olive oil while whisking. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and onions with vinaigrette. Plate salad, season to taste with salt and pepper, then crumble fetacheese on top. Top salad with salmon, sprinkle parsley, drizzle remaining vinaigrette, then serve.
The Numbers: 735 Calories; 47g Protein; 20g Carbs; 53g Fat; 4g Fiber.
Total Time: 18 minutes.
Grilled Ocean Trout and Asparagus with Melted Leeks
Ingredients for Leeks:
- ¼ tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp onion, diced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ leek (white and pale-green parts only), diced
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
Ingredients for Asparagus:
- 6 oz asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp shallots, minced
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
Ingredients for Fish:
- 6½ oz boneless, skinless ocean-trout fillet
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedge
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter with oil. Stir in onions and cook until they begin to soften. Sprinkle salt, cook another minute, then stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. Stir in leeks, sprinkle salt, and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes. Add cream and simmer for 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Cover and keep hot.
- Place asparagus stalks on baking sheet. Drizzle oil, sprinkle with shallots and paprika, and then toss. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Coat fish with ¼ tbsp oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Brush grill with remaining olive oil, add fillets, then cook for 4 minutes before flipping. Cook until all but very center is opaque.
- Grill asparagus for 4 minutes, then place in a pile on plate. Top with fillet, spoon leeks on side, and serve with lemon wedge.
The Numbers: 722 Calories; 46g Protein; 21g Carbs; 54g Fat; 6g Fiber.
Total Time: 45 minutes.
Honey-Glazed Ham Panini
Ingredients for Pear and Mustard Chutney:
- 2½ tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp light-brown sugar
- ¼ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- Grated zest of small orange wedge
- ½ A njou pear, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
Ingredients for Sliders:
- 1 piece focaccia (about 2½ x 1 inch)
- 2½ oz honey-glazed ham, sliced
- 1½ oz Swiss cheese, sliced
- ½ cup fresh baby spinach
- ½ tsp butter
- To make the chutney: Combine vinegar, brown sugar, onion, mustard, and orange zest in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add pears and continue simmering for 30 minutes. Let the chutney cool, then place in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- To make the sliders: Preheat broiler. Cut bread in half horizontally and arrange the halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Place ham and cheese over one of the halves. Toast both bread halves under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Scatter spinach over ham and cheese. Spoon chutney over spinach. Top with second bread half. Brush top of slider with butter, and broil for 1 minute. Cut in half and serve.
The Numbers: 490 Calories; 28g Protein; 57g Carbs; 18g Fat; 5g Fiber.
Total Time: 67 minutes.