Attention hungry guys: It’s time to stop thinking of rice as that white stuff from the Chinese take-out restaurant that hangs around in the back of your fridge till you fling it. Yes, brown rice might just be the ideal fill-you-up food. And if you’re tempted to pass because you think it’s just empty calories, think again—there are plenty of reasons to pile it onto your plate. Brown rice is a good go-to grain, and here’s why:
- It’s a great source of fiber and complex carbs to fuel the body with glucose.
- It may help protect against heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
- “It’s also an excellent source of magnesium, which works with calcium to build bones and teeth and to help the muscles contract,” says Elisa Zied, R.D., a registered dietician in New York City
Sold? We thought so. Here are five ways to dish it up.
- 6 Strategic Accessories for Fine-Tuning Your LookDial in your style with these smart and sophisticated pieces.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- 20 Best Forearm ExercisesPump up your forearms with these 20 moves.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.