If you’re looking to lose your belly for summer or simply up your antioxidant intake, it doesn’t get much better than this fiber- and Vitamin C-rich family of fruits. Learn how to work them into any meal.
5. Make a Healthy Frozen Snack
This homemade Orange-Banana Shorbet tates like a cross between sorbet and sherbet (hence the name) and makes for a perfect summertime treat.
- 1 ½ cups fresh squeezed orange juice (about 4-5 oranges)
- 2 oranges, cut into chunks
- 2 small bananas
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- In medium saucepan, heat the freshly squeezed orange juice and the honey. Sprinkle the gelatin over he mixture. Cook it over low heat stirring constantly to dissolve the gelatin. Do not boil. Cool.
- In a food processor, add the oranges, banana and lemon juice and puree. Stir into cooled orange juice mixture. Pour into a shallow 8”x 8” baking pan and freeze until firm.
- Once the mixture is frozen, scoop and serve.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.
- 18 Easy Paleo Diet RecipesTry these high-protein breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
- 7 Surprising Sugar BombsBeware of these sneaky sources of the sweet stuff.
- Get Dressed DownSporty outerwear that works with your work clothes.