Sure, you might want to go easy on the garlic before a big date. That's a given. But despite it's wicked rep as a breath killer, you shouldn’t skimp on the vegetable (yes, it is a vegetable) otherwise, and here's why:
- It could cut your risk of developing gastrointestinal cancers, according to the National Cancer Institute.
- It has “tons of plant chemicals, like allicin and quercetin, that may be protective against heart disease and inflammation,” says Elisa Zied, R.D. a registered dietician in New York City.
- It’s a low-fat way to amp up flavor in almost any dish.
Convinced? Get cooking with these five recipes—just remember to stock up on mints.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.