Crush Your Resolution: 4 Week Fat Burning Meal Plan
Did the holiday season add a little pudge to your waistline? Redeem yourself in the New Year with this fat scorching meal plan.
Week 1 Meal Plan Continued >>
Day 4 Breakfast: Strawberry Oatmeal Delight
- 3/4 cup cooked oats
- 1 scoop strawberry protein powder (or other flavored powder)
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of banana
Day 4 Lunch: Chicken and Red Onion Quesadillas with Side Salad
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3-cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 high-fiber whole-wheat tortillas
- Combine onions and vinegar in bowl and marinate for 5 minutes. Drain the onions and set aside
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until onions have softened, about 5-7 min. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Place tortillas in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat (they will overlap). Warm for about 45 seconds on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese on each tortilla. Cover cheese with the shredded cooked chicken and top the chicken with the marinated onions.
- Fold the tortillas in half, press gently with a spatula to flatten, and cook for about 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Flip the quesadilla and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with side mixed green salad and 1 tbsp. light dressing
Day 4 Dinner: Spicy Chicken Sausage and Whole-Wheat Penne
- 1 low-fat chicken sausage
- 1-cup chopped mushrooms and red pepper
- ½ cup whole-wheat penne
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and sauté pre-cooked low fat chicken sausage, mushrooms, and red-bell pepper in pan.
- Toss over cooked pasta and tomato sauce
- Service with side mixed green salad and 1 tbsp. light dressing.
Day 5 Breakfast: Very Berry Parfait
- 1/2 cup low fat Plain Greek Yogurt + ¼ cup low fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup cherries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¾ cup high-fiber cereal (suggested: Go Lean Vanilla Almond Crunch)
- Layer yogurt, fruit, and cereal and enjoy!
Day 5 Lunch: Greek Bowl
- 4-6 ounces cooked lamb, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh garlic
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. low fat feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole-wheat high-fiber pita
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Serve with whole-wheat pitas and F-factor Tzatziki sauce
- F-Factor Tzatziki sauce: ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, ½ cucumber diced, lemon juice, minced parsley and dill, salt and pepper to taste
Day 5 Dinner: Salmon with Mixed Vegetable Quinoa
- 6 ounces baked salmon, seasoned with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa with 1-cup sautéed mixed vegetables
Day 6 Breakfast: Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes
- SERVES: 6
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- 1-cup skim milk
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-cup blueberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Blend all ingredients (except Blueberries) in blender until fairly smooth (normal pancake mix consistency). Then gently fold blueberries into mixture
- Heat skillet to medium heat, then coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour ½ cup batter onto the skillet to form each pancake. Cook, flipping once so that each side is a golden-brown color.
Day 6 Lunch: Turkey Chili Rice Bowl
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup lean ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup canned red kidney beans, drained
- ¼ cup chopped red tomato
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup brown rice
- Low fat grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook rice as instructed, set aside
- Spray small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray, and add ground turkey, onion and cook until turkey is brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chili is thick. Add rice and serve with low fat grated cheddar cheese if desired.
Day 6 Dinner: Steak and Potatoes
- 5 ounces seasoned cooked skirt steak
- 1 small baked potato with 2 tbsp. non-fat sour cream and chives
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
Day 7 Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded, minced
- 2 tbsp. low fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 high-fiber whole-wheat tortilla
- Combine, onion, jalapeño, and hot sauce in bowl
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Cooks eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir in black beans and cheese
- Remove from heat and fill tortilla with egg mixture. Top with onion, jalapeño, and hot sauce mixture and roll into a burrito. Serve with salsa on side
Day 7 Lunch: Salad Bar
- Mixed Greens
- Mushrooms, tomato, broccoli, artichoke, beets, hearts of palm, asparagus, cabbage
- ¼ cup butternut squash
- 1-ounce almonds
- 1 serving grilled chicken
- Toss together with 2 tbsp. lite balsamic vinaigrette and serve with a few whole-wheat high-fiber crackers.
Day 7 Dinner: Chicken Tenders with Tangy mustard dipping sauce
- ½ pound chicken tenders
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup high-fiber Kellogg’s bran buds
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to your broil setting (around 400-450 degrees)
- In a shallow dish, mix together the paprika, salt, pepper, and almonds
- Coat each chicken breast fillet with almond mixture and place onto a Pyrex dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in oven for about 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through to brown on both sides
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whish together the orange, juice, mustard, honey, and water until sauce is smooth.