Power Up Your Diet
Follow these guidelines to fuel your workouts and get lean
- Eat like a caveman. If the contents of your plate (while alive) didn't walk, swim, or grow in the dirt 10,000 years ago, don't make them a fixture of your diet. Processed foods have been linked to more health risks than any other fare.
- Eat protein at every meal — this is the simplest way to keep your metabolism going, loose fat, and support your muscle. Never eat a meal that consists entirely of carbohydrates.
- Try to eat every three to four hours, or around five meals a day. Always eat breakfast, and try to eat before you feel hungry.
- Eliminate calorie-containing drinks, especially non-diet soda and juice, from every one of your meals
- Eat fat! It will make you leaner — especially the unsaturated kind found in most cooking oils. Pour it into your protein shakes (you won't taste it) or uses it on salads — dietary fat raises your muscle-building testosterone and helps you burn body fat.