You know eggs are easy, inexpensive, and packed with protein— but you may not know how to think outside the scramble. Here, eight simple ways to switch it up.
4. Whip Up a Healthy Huevos Rancheros
Start your day with a healthy version of huevos rancheros. Just sauté ½ cup chopped onions, a diced tomato, and 2 tablespoons green chiles in a pan with a dash of cumin, salt, and pepper. Then, in a separate pan, spritz corn tortillas with oil and warm on both sides, until heated through; set aside. Fry eggs and top each tortilla with one egg and tomato mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cilantro on each, and there you have it— a hearty, protein-packed breakfast.
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.