HOMDEMADE FLATBREAD PIZZA
- Flat bread (try Flatout Light flat bread)
- 1 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cooked broccoli (bite size pieces)
- Spread out flat bread on a baking sheet. Top with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Top with shredded cheese and broccoli.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until cheese is melted.
Nutrition: 250 calories, 13 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 12 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 19 g protein
HOMEMADE CHICKEN FINGERS
- 1 lb boneless.skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place whipped egg whites in a dish and bread crumbs in a separate dish.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken fingers into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs.
- Place in the skillet and cook about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with barbeque dipping sauce.
Nutrition: 130 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 21 g protein
All recipes are from The Skinny Rules by Molly Morgan, RD.
- Cardiologist-Approved Recipes for a Healthy Heart Dr. Richard Collins, a.k.a. The Cooking Cardiologist, shares four recipes for crazy-good guy food that’s also good for your heart.
- 53 Must-Follow Twitter AccountsLooking for savvy tweets from the biggest names in exercise and nutrition? Look no further than this group of fitness industry influencers.