With plenty of protein and little fat, tuna is one of the best foods for muscle growth and recovery. By combining the canned fish with a few simple ingredients you can make a delicious burger in a matter of minutes—one that packs more health benefits than a beef or turkey version. Another bonus to the tuna burger: Tuna is a great source of omega-3 fatty acid, which supports muscle growth, helps cut your risk for heart disease, and boasts anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1–2 cans chunk light tuna or albacore in water, or equivalent amount of raw tuna
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tuna, oats, and egg. Stir in vegetables, mayo, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add patties when hot. Cook until egg (and raw tuna, if you used it) is done and patties are solid.
- A Zero-Effort Way to Cut 90 Calories at Each MealA new study finds that taking the time to enjoy your meals may be the magic ticket to shedding unwanted pounds.
- The Facts About Sugar in Smoothies and JuicesSome drinks are great sources of essential nutrients while others are full of empty calories. See if your favorites pass the test.