Find out why the United Nations decided 2013 will be the International Year of Quinoa.
Four Easy Ways To Serve Quinoa
1. Toss into spinach or arugula salad with peaches and almonds.
2. Add eggs, breadcrumbs, and grated cheese to cooked quinoa and form into patties, then sauté like a burger.
3. Top with a roasted vegetable hash and serve with a poached egg.
4. Serve under grilled asparagus or green beans and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
Almond Peach Quinoa Salad
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 2 peaches, quartered (can be cut into smaller pieces)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (can use sliced almonds)
- Black pepper to taste
1) Add one cup of quinoa and two cups of water to a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat and allow
to simmer for 15 minutes.
2) Coat peach quarters in 1 tbsp olive oil and cook in grill pan over medium-high heat until fruit begins to caramelize.
3) Toss quinoa, peaches, aru- gula, and almonds. Drizzle remaining olive oil, sprinkle black pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 803
- Protein: 22g
- Carbs: 65g
- Fat: 56g
- Fiber: 16g
- Total time: 24 minutes