Makes 2 servings
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1 medium garlic clove
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
14 cherry tomatoes
2 metal or wooden skewers
1) Preheat grill to high.
2) Process basil, garlic, and salt in a food processor fitted with a chopping blade until well combined. Add balsamic vinegar. Process, scraping down sides as needed. Add olive oil and process until combined.
3) In a medium bowl, toss zucchini and tomatoes in basil mixture until well coated. Place zucchini rounds and tomatoes on skewer, alternating zucchini, then tomato, etc. Repeat to create a second skewer.
4) Turn grill to low (if possible). Place skewers side by side on grill (away from direct flame if grill isn’t set to low). Grill, rotating once, until zucchini is tender, 5–6 minutes. Serve immediately.
91 calories, 4g protein, 13g carbs, 7g fat, 4g fiber
Grilled Corn Four Ways>>>
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.
- The Essentials: Cook a Decent MealThe no-nonsense list for elevating your kitchen game.
- Fall's Top 10 AccessoriesUpdating your look doesn't require an entirely new wardrobe.