DINNER – PORK LOIN AND POTATOES
We’ve mixed white rice and potatoes. If you don’t like potatoes, use 3–4 cups of white rice for your carbs. If rice isn’t your thing, 24 ounces of potatoes will cover your bases.
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ red potato, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 8 oz pork loin (or bison, chicken, or salmon)
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp red onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high. Saute red and sweet potatoes, stirring frequently, until slightly browned, for about 12 minutes. Clear skillet, add 2 tbsp oil, and cook pork loin for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook rice according to packaging instructions.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute red pepper, onion, broccoli, and carrots, stirring frequently, until tender and slightly browned, for about 10 minutes.