From jungles to volcanoes to the ultimate surf spots, discover the surprising, less-traveled sides of our nearby neighbors to the south.
10. Cycle the 5-Country Doomsday Ride
One country’s not enough? This 5-week, 60-mile-a-day cycling expedition starts in San Jose, Costa Rica in mid-November, and ends in Belize in late December. It started in 2012, for the prophesied end of the Maya Long Count calendar, and is one of the most intense ways to immerse yourself in Central American culture. You’ll pedal 1,678 miles through tiny villages, next to massive volcanoes, and alongside untouched, pristine beaches. You’ll have a sore ass, but you’ll cover Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, and Belize on what’s sure to be the ride of your life. ($5,900; tourdafrique.com)
comments powered by Disqus
- Signs You Look SickYour body might be telling you it's time to see a doctor.
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.