From jungles to volcanoes to the ultimate surf spots, discover the surprising, less-traveled sides of our nearby neighbors to the south.
4. Practice Yoga Above a Maya Archaeological Site
The ancient city of Copan, known as “the Athens of the Maya world,” is famous for its intricate artwork and delicate sandstone carvings. On a bluff above Copan Valley, the yoga platform at Hacienda San Lucas offers an ultra-peaceful backdrop for your sun salutations. In between tours of the ancient city below, breathe in and out here—and be sure to save time for the Maya sweat lodge, or temazcal. (Rooms from $160; haciendasanlucas.com)
comments powered by Disqus
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.