From jungles to volcanoes to the ultimate surf spots, discover the surprising, less-traveled sides of our nearby neighbors to the south.
4. Practice Yoga Above a Maya Archaeological Site
The ancient city of Copan, known as “the Athens of the Maya world,” is famous for its intricate artwork and delicate sandstone carvings. On a bluff above Copan Valley, the yoga platform at Hacienda San Lucas offers an ultra-peaceful backdrop for your sun salutations. In between tours of the ancient city below, breathe in and out here—and be sure to save time for the Maya sweat lodge, or temazcal. (Rooms from $160; haciendasanlucas.com)
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Reasons We Love J-LawCheck out why we love the 'Hunger Games' hottie.
- 8 Ways to Stay Healthy This WinterWhat does it really take to build your defenses against the common cold?
- The 5 Toughest Yoga Positions for GuysTackle them to achieve the ultimate in strength and balance.
- Sleep SolutionsFive fixes for your sleepless nights.