From jungles to volcanoes to the ultimate surf spots, discover the surprising, less-traveled sides of our nearby neighbors to the south.
4. Practice Yoga Above a Maya Archaeological Site
The ancient city of Copan, known as “the Athens of the Maya world,” is famous for its intricate artwork and delicate sandstone carvings. On a bluff above Copan Valley, the yoga platform at Hacienda San Lucas offers an ultra-peaceful backdrop for your sun salutations. In between tours of the ancient city below, breathe in and out here—and be sure to save time for the Maya sweat lodge, or temazcal. (Rooms from $160; haciendasanlucas.com)
comments powered by Disqus
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.