From jungles to volcanoes to the ultimate surf spots, discover the surprising, less-traveled sides of our nearby neighbors to the south.
4. Practice Yoga Above a Maya Archaeological Site
The ancient city of Copan, known as “the Athens of the Maya world,” is famous for its intricate artwork and delicate sandstone carvings. On a bluff above Copan Valley, the yoga platform at Hacienda San Lucas offers an ultra-peaceful backdrop for your sun salutations. In between tours of the ancient city below, breathe in and out here—and be sure to save time for the Maya sweat lodge, or temazcal. (Rooms from $160; haciendasanlucas.com)
comments powered by Disqus
- Four Ideal Food and Booze Pairings for FallWhiskey and roast chicken, anyone?
- 7 Worst "Green" DrinksYou’d be an idiot to imbibe these juices and smoothies.
- Ripped Guys KnowThe tricks of the trade that all the pros would tell you.
- 18 Easy Paleo Diet RecipesTry these high-protein breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.