From jungles to volcanoes to the ultimate surf spots, discover the surprising, less-traveled sides of our nearby neighbors to the south.
5. Swim with Whale Sharks in Utila
The Bay Islands, off the north coast of Honduras, make up a unique clump of paradise, with immediate access to world class diving. Each island has its own culture, rhythm, and vibe. Utila is the most low-key and affordable of the Bay Islands, the perfect place to finally get that PADI Open Water Diver certification you’ve been talking about. Utila is small, but just big enough for an airstrip so you can fly there. Go during a full moon in April or May and you can swim with whale sharks, the largest fish in the world. You won’t soon forget jumping in the water with a creature as big as a school bus. ($180 for PADI Open Water Diver Certification; $40 for a single-day, two-take adventure dive; utiladivecenter.com)
comments powered by Disqus
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.
- 6 Substitutions That Will Clean Up Your Grocery ListClean substitutions to make at the market.
- 13 Grooming Essentials for MenPower products to improve your skin.