Since most athletes don’t have to worry about looking appropriate for the office, they get to rock the funkiest hairdos. And some of the ones featured this week on Bleacher Report are history book-worthy.
From former NBA star Dennis Rodman’s continuously changing neon hair colors to Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu’s Herbal Essences-worthy locks, many athletes’ hairstyles have garnered as much attention as did their skills in the game.
Some of our favorite manes on Bleacher Report’s list belong to:
- Retired soccer player David Beckham
- LeBron James of the Miami Heat
- Clay Matthews of the Green Bay Packers
- Former Los Angeles Laker Metta World Peace
- Boxing promoter Don King
See all the 19 Most Famous Hairdos in Sports on Bleacher Report.
But unless your name is Andrew Bynum, your girlfriend and your job might prefer something a little less…extreme. Check out our own list of the 10 best new hairstyles for men—and how to get the look.
- Daily Sunscreen Use Slows Skin Aging by 24%Need another reason to slather on SPF? New research suggests that applying it every day does more than fend off sunburn and skin cancer.
- Cheese: The Next Big Thing in Dental Health?A new study suggests small amounts of cheddar shield your teeth from the enamel damaging effects of coffee, tea, and wine.