You may not be able to throw more than 5000 yards in a single season like Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford (he’s one of only four NFL quarterbacks who’ve ever hit this majore milestone), but you can improve your passing game with his vintage dumbbell workout. By practicing a single-arm overhead swing with this oversized dumbbell, you’ll increase both your core strength and your grip strength. Not to mention, you'll get some killer 3-D shoulders in the process. Watch the video, created by our partners at Stack.com, to see how to do it.
Important Dumbbell Single-Arm Overhead Swing Takeaways:
* Keep arms straight and back flat
* Drive through core and hips to swing dumbbell overhead
* Do not use shoulder or arm to propel dumbbell
* 4 x 20 each arm with 10 seconds rest
Check out more training videos at Stack.com.
- 25 Most Annoying Sports Figures on TelevsionWe all mute the games once in a while so that we can avoid annoying commentators and spotlight-hogging athletes. But just this once, let's savor the absurdity of those men that make professional sports more, well, interesting.
- Biggest Let-Downs in the WWEThese WWE wrestlers were headed for the top when they topped a different kind of list instead: biggest failures in WWE history.