BlogsThe Do's and Don'ts of Rehab
Six quick tips to help your body recover faster
- Apply cold for the first 24 to 72 hours.
- Initially train the recovering muscle area with machines or free weights.
- Train around a muscle injury. You can still do a workout.
- Apply heat in the first 48 to 72 hours.
- Use body weight or other exercises where your hand or foot contacts the ground (such as in a squat or pushup).
- Train when you feel pain in a joint. It's better to let it rest and avoid making it worse.