1) Eat six small meals a day. Stoking your body with food every three to four hours can rev your metabolism to the max.
2) Run 10 100-yard sprints and burn up to 500 calories. 3) Wait 20 minutes before going for seconds. 4) Throw on a hoodie before working out. When your muscles are warm, you actually burn more calories. 5) Use a smaller dinner plate—it’ll limit how much you can pile on. 6) Use a blue dinner plate. Studies show the color has an appetite- suppressing effect (as opposed to red and yellow plates).
7) Sub in nonfat Greek yogurt for mayo and sour cream—you’ll save 700 cals and 100 cals per half cup, respectively. 8) Eat peanuts from their shells. You’ll nosh on 50% fewer nuts in a sitting just trying to peel before eating. 9) Chew on sugar-free mint gum after a meal. Mint flavors send signals to your brain that it’s time to stop eating. 10) Snack on pistachios instead of pretzels.
11) Take up power yoga. You can burn up to 344 calories a class. 12) Train fasted once a week. This helps the body to keep adrenaline high and blood sugar low. 13) Run intervals. Turn your body into a fat-fighting furnace by alternating sprints with jogs.
14) Replace your morning bagel and juice with a bowl of oatmeal and protein-packed eggs. 15) Work out with your partner. Couples who train together are 34% more likely to stick to their workouts. 16) Eat at the kitchen table—not on the couch.
17) Drink more water. Being dehydrated can fool your body into feeling hungry. 18) Poach (don't fry) eggs, poultry, and fish.