Derek Jeter, the renowned shortstop for the Yankees, announced his retirement yesterday on his own terms. He'll be 40 years old in June of this year, and he decided to call it quits.
As for you (and you're probably not a shortstop for the Yankees, but hear us out), here are a few ways to extend your athleticism well past the age of 40.
1. Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries undoubtedly put a ton of guys on the sidelines well before their time has ended. Learn how to save your shoulders in four simple steps and learn how to prevent rotator cuff injuries.
2. It's hard to prevent injuries, and staying in the game for a long time, without knowing what to eat. Here are a few foods that'll help.
3. Knee and ACL injuries could really hurt you in the long term and take out of of commission in the short term. Know how to exercise after one.
- Fit Fix: Drinking Whole Milk Will Keep Your Weight DownPlus more of today's top health and science headlines.
- Fit Fix: Physical Attractiveness Just as Addictive as Morphine Plus more of today's top health and science headlines.