Stretching is an integral part of preparing for action. Without loosening up, your performance is hindered and you increase the likelihood of injury. But there's no reason to do the same stretching routine you were taught in middle school P.E. Yoga has a variety of moves that help lengthen the body and relax the muscles.
Our partners at Stack.com have shared this video of one NFL draft class performing what they have labeled as the world's greatest stretch. Better known in yoga as the triangle pose, this stance opens up the upper body and increases flexibility.
World Greatest Stretch:
- Begin in 40-yard dash stance
- Keep front hip, knee and ankle aligned
- Rotate torso and lift arm to sky
- Focus on maintaining balance
- Keep back leg as straight as possible by firing quad and glute
- Do 3 to 6 reps on each side
Not interested in stretching? See why it's vital in Stretch or Die.
- Super Bowl 2013: Best and Worst Ads The Super Bowl is over but the ads are fresh. Check out the best and the worst commercials of the big game.
- Winners and Losers of the 2013 NFL DraftWhich NFL teams strengthened their rosters this weekend—and which took risks with their line-ups? Our partners at Bleacher Report dissect this year’s draft picks.