7) You’re not training at various intensities.
Non-linear periodization has been shown to be superior to linear periodization for developing strength and endurance. Periodization is how a program is laid out and it’s linearity determines what set and rep ranges are performed and when. Instead of just doing all your exercises at 3x10 or 4x8, try performing sets of 5 or less at the beginning of your workout and sets of 8-12 at the end of your workout.
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.