While we’re not about to use the stuff to fix our furniture or cars, we're going to start digging duct tape out of the junk drawer a little more often. Turns out, the do-it-all adhesive is clutch when it comes to keeping healthy and fit.
Our partners at Greatist recently compiled a list of 15 sneaky duct tape hacks for better health and fitness. Some examples:
- Prevent Blisters: When you feel the first signs of blister (burning, friction), apply duct tape as smoothly as possible over the irritated area.
- Improve Punching Accuracy: If you train with a punching bag, challenge your accuracy by placing little squares of duct tape on the bag to use as targets during a workout.
- Make a DIY Sandbag: All you need to create your own sandbag is a canvas laundry bag, a few heavy-duty garbage bags, some zip ties, some pea gravel, and (of course) duct tape.
- Should You Be Eating Sprouted Grains?Is sprouted grain bread the next big thing or is what you’re eating healthy enough?
- Can Calcium Supplements Protect Against Exercise-Related Bone Loss?The short answer is yes. But according to new research, when you take the mineral makes a difference.