While we’re not about to use the stuff to fix our furniture or cars, we're going to start digging duct tape out of the junk drawer a little more often. Turns out, the do-it-all adhesive is clutch when it comes to keeping healthy and fit.
Our partners at Greatist recently compiled a list of 15 sneaky duct tape hacks for better health and fitness. Some examples:
- Prevent Blisters: When you feel the first signs of blister (burning, friction), apply duct tape as smoothly as possible over the irritated area.
- Improve Punching Accuracy: If you train with a punching bag, challenge your accuracy by placing little squares of duct tape on the bag to use as targets during a workout.
- Make a DIY Sandbag: All you need to create your own sandbag is a canvas laundry bag, a few heavy-duty garbage bags, some zip ties, some pea gravel, and (of course) duct tape.
- Six Innovative Ways to IceFrom the DIY to the high-tech, these devices help soothe sore muscles and speed up post-workout recovery while you go about your daily routine.
- Watermelon: A Miracle Recovery Fruit?A new study reveals that the summertime staple can help keep you at the top of your game.