Twitter is chock-full of health information, but it’s hard to know which tweets offer the best nutrition and fitness advice. Look no further than Greatist’s roundup of the 53 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for 2013. This list was compiled based on the quality of tweets and the number of interactions by the Twitter users. Finally, you can pare down your followings to the most resourceful accounts.
Some of the top tweeters:
• @michaelpollan: The man knows the American food system inside and out.
• @BornFitness: Best-selling author of Engineering the Alpha, a man’s guide to building muscle, burning fat, and having better sex.
• @joedowdellnyc: Contributing editor at Men’s Fitness, personal trainer and strength coach
- Sodium-Slashing Food SwapsScaling back on salt can save your life, but don’t just set down the shaker. Pay attention to processed foods, and give these recipes a shot.
- New Study: Do Energy Drinks Affect Your Heart Health?A review of previous research confirms that these caffeine-heavy beverages can increase blood pressure and disturb heart rhythm. Should you be worried?