Fair warning: This isn’t a typical workout that you should be doing every week. It's also not for every guy: It's for advanced lifters who have experimented with different intensity techniques and have good lifting technique. More of a beginner or intermediate lifter? Check out The Beginner's Guide to Weight Lifting or work on mastering some of the 30 Best Leg Exercises of All Time first.
If you're still with us, you know that every once in a while, you need a workout to test yourself, to see how far you can push and how much you really have in the tank. This is one of those workouts.
But it's not a risky, pointless plan. Anyone can have you ‘squat until you puke’ but that doesn’t mean the workout was effective, beneficial or safe. This workout will minimize your chances of injury while giving you one hell of a workout. Ready?
1) Lying Leg Curl: 2 sets of 20 reps to warmup, followed by 2 x 15 reps, rest 30-45 seconds between sets
2) 1.5 rep Back Squat — 4 x 8 reps, rest 2 minutes between sets —> Video
3) Front Foot Elevated Bulgarian Split Squat— 3 x 12 reps each side, rest 60-90 seconds between sets —> Video
4) Constant Tension Leg Press — 3 x 20 reps, 1 x 35 reps, rest 2 minutes between sets
5) Sumo RDL — 3 x 10 reps, rest 60-90 seconds between sets —> Video
6) Goblet squat — 1 x 60 reps, take as little rest as possible to complete all the reps