A five-minute ab workout sounds a bit hard to believe, but truth is, it's not. Building muscle, losing weight, and getting in shape is a game of consistency and focus. Cutting up your abs is no different. If you're eating all the right things, and you're hitting the gym on a regular basis, you'll get the results you want.
Some say long-duration cardio, some claim intervals, others tout compound exercises are the trick, and then you've got the man that swears it's all diet. It's a combination of everything, and it comes down to consistency.
For all the men out there that work out 3-5 days per week, get their eight hours of sleep, watch their carbohydrate intake, have protein in every meal, eat their veggies, drink enough water, and hold a positive outlook on their progress, here's the routine for you.
Wrap up your regular workout for the day, whether it be chest and triceps, back and biceps, or 20 minutes of intervals. Set a timer for five minutes and complete as many rounds as possible of the following exercises.
1. Hanging Leg Raise x 10 reps
2. Flutter Kick x 10 reps
3. Cable Woodchop x 10 reps per side
4. Hanging Knee Tuck/Raise x 10 reps
5. Med Ball Slam x 10 reps
- Jamba Juice Joins Forces with Team Up for a Healthy AmericaGrab your post-workout smoothie from Jamba Juice this weekend and support an athletic program that aims to make kids more active.
- 3 Secrets Personal Trainers Don't Want You to KnowSome of the little details that trainers like to keep on the DL.