With its attention to lean proteins and fresh produce, you don’t have to be on the full Paleo plan to reap the diet's rewards. Time to get cooking.
BREAKFAST: Avocado-Bacon Omelets
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 eggs
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, whack your avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash it up, but not too fine—a little texture is nice.
- Add onion and cilantro to avocado. When the bacon is done, drain it and crumble or snip it in, too. Stir it all up.
- Now make your omelets, one at a time. Use half the avocado mixture in each. Top with more hot sauce, if desired.
NUTRITION: 370 calories; 30 g fat; 17 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 g net carbs per serving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.