With its attention to lean proteins and fresh produce, you don’t have to be on the full Paleo plan to reap the diet's rewards. Time to get cooking.
DINNER: Crunchy Deviled Chicken
- 4 chicken legs (leg and thigh quarters)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut drumsticks from thighs.
- On a rimmed plate, combine almond meal with seasonings.
- Rub each piece of chicken with a little olive oil, then roll in seasoned almond meal. Arrange in a roasting pan. Roast for an hour or so, until juices run clear when pierced to the bone, and the coating is crunchy.
NUTRITION: 405 calories; 30 g fat; 30 g protein; 4 g carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; 4 g net carbs per serving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Feed Your JointsEleven foods that fight pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Essentials: Build a FireA survivalist teaches you how to build a fire the right way.
- 6 Pieces of High-Performance GearStylish products for an active lifestyle.
- Healthier in 20 MinutesEfficiency-boosting tips for the time-deprived.