- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp bacon grease (or lard or olive oil)
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Trim bottoms of stems and any wilted leaves off Brussels sprouts and halve each one.
- Put fat in a roasting pan, and if you’re using bacon grease or lard, put it in the oven for a few minutes to melt.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss till they’re coated with fat. Salt and pepper and stir again, then put them in oven.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring now and then. When they’re evenly browned, they’re done. Add a little more salt if they need it and serve.
NUTRITION: 103 calories; 7 g fat; 3 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fiber; 5 g net carbs per serving.
Looking for a rapid-fat loss solution? The 21-Day Shred, your blueprint to building a rock solid, shredded body is back and better than ever. Get the full plan on your iPhone and iPad devices or download your PDF copy.
- 11 Intimidating Foods and How to Prepare ThemDon’t let these dishes deter you. Learn to cook like a chef, from a chef.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.