With its attention to lean proteins and fresh produce, you don’t have to be on the full Paleo plan to reap the diet's rewards. Time to get cooking.
SIDE DISH: Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp bacon grease (or lard or olive oil)
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Trim bottoms of stems and any wilted leaves off Brussels sprouts and halve each one.
- Put fat in a roasting pan, and if you’re using bacon grease or lard, put it in the oven for a few minutes to melt.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss till they’re coated with fat. Salt and pepper and stir again, then put them in oven.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring now and then. When they’re evenly browned, they’re done. Add a little more salt if they need it and serve.
NUTRITION: 103 calories; 7 g fat; 3 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fiber; 5 g net carbs per serving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Queen of HalloweenLook back at Heidi Klum's craziest costumes.
- The "Airpocalypse" in PhotosBeijing Marathon runners donned face masks to beat smog.
- Getting to Know Gal GadotThe Israeli actress is in the mix for 'Ben Hur' role.
- Dairy-Free Ways to Get More CalciumTen foods for stronger bones, teeth, and muscles.