- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (See: Mayonnaise in the Jar Recipe)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spread walnuts on a shallow baking tin and place in oven. Set your oven timer for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred cabbage. Quarter and core apple, then cut in matchstick strips. Put cabbage and apple in a big mixing bowl.
- Measure the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk them together.
- When the timer beeps, taste one walnut bit and see if they’re toasty. If so, add them to the mixing bowl. If not, give them another 2 minutes, then add to the salad.
- Now pour on the dressing and toss to coat. You can chill this for a few hours, but it’s awfully good freshly made.
NUTRITION: 183 calories; 17 g fat; 3 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 6 g net carbs per serving.
Looking for a rapid-fat loss solution? The 21-Day Shred, your blueprint to building a rock solid, shredded body is back and better than ever. Get the full plan on your iPhone and iPad devices or download your PDF copy.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.