- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar or another tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Put everything but oil in a clean old jar with a good tight lid (like an old salsa jar). Have oil measured and standing by in measuring cup with pouring lip.
- Insert stick blender all the way down to the bottom of the jar. Blend egg yolks with the seasonings.
- Keep blender running. Now slowly start pouring in oil; you want a stream about the diameter of a pencil lead. Work the blender up and down in the jar as you go.
- When you can’t get any more oil to incorporate, and it’s puddling on the surface, stop. You’re done. Any leftover oil can go back in the bottle. Cap your jar of mayo and stash it in the fridge. (Lasts one week to 10 days.)
SERVES: Makes 1 cup (about 8 servings)
NUTRITION: 255 calories; 28 g fat; 1 g protein; trace carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; trace net carbs per serving.
Looking for a rapid-fat loss solution? The 21-Day Shred, your blueprint to building a rock solid, shredded body is back and better than ever. Get the full plan on your iPhone and iPad devices or download your PDF copy.
- The Unique Health Benefits of Eight NutsCrack the health code.
- More Muscle in Less TimeGet in the shape of your life with two workouts of less than an hour a week.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.