With its attention to lean proteins and fresh produce, you don’t have to be on the full Paleo plan to reap the diet's rewards. Time to get cooking.
CONDIMENT: Mayonnaise in the Jar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar or another tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Put everything but oil in a clean old jar with a good tight lid (like an old salsa jar). Have oil measured and standing by in measuring cup with pouring lip.
- Insert stick blender all the way down to the bottom of the jar. Blend egg yolks with the seasonings.
- Keep blender running. Now slowly start pouring in oil; you want a stream about the diameter of a pencil lead. Work the blender up and down in the jar as you go.
- When you can’t get any more oil to incorporate, and it’s puddling on the surface, stop. You’re done. Any leftover oil can go back in the bottle. Cap your jar of mayo and stash it in the fridge. (Lasts one week to 10 days.)
SERVES: Makes 1 cup (about 8 servings)
NUTRITION: 255 calories; 28 g fat; 1 g protein; trace carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; trace net carbs per serving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.