With its attention to lean proteins and fresh produce, you don’t have to be on the full Paleo plan to reap the diet's rewards. Time to get cooking.
BREAKFAST: Horseradish Scrambled Eggs
- 4 slices bacon, raw
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp horseradish
- Put big, heavy skillet over medium heat. Use kitchen shears to snip the bacon into the skillet. Fry it crisp, separating the bits as it cooks. While that’s happening, whisk eggs with horseradish.
- When the bacon bits are crisp, scoop them out of skillet to a plate and reserve.
- Pour off all but a tablespoon or so of the grease. Now pour in eggs and scramble until they’re almost set. Then add the bacon bits and scramble them in. Serve.
NUTRITION: 450 calories; 39 g fat; 20 g protein; 2 g carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; 2 g net carbs per serving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Healthy Snack Recipes for Building MuscleQuick and easy recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
- Life SaversTen foods to improve heart health.
- Shoe Watch: StrappedAdd some flair to your shoe collection for fall
- Is Your Diet Giving You a Deficiency?If you'd classify your diet as Paleo, vegan or g-free, read this.