With its attention to lean proteins and fresh produce, you don’t have to be on the full Paleo plan to reap the diet's rewards. Time to get cooking.
- ¼ diced red onion
- 1 medium tomato, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp red-pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- In big, heavy skillet, over medium-low heat, start sautéing the onion, tomato, and pepper in the olive oil. Crush the garlic and throw it in, and stir in spices, too. Keep cooking, stirring often, until vegetables have softened and exuded juice into the mix—you want a coarse sauce.
- While veggies are cooking, crack eggs into a dish and whisk them.
- When you’ve got a nice sauce going in the skillet, pour in eggs and scramble until they’re softly set. It should be creamy.
- Scoop onto a plate, sprinkle with the parsley, and devour.
NUTRITION: 388 calories; 28 g fat; 19 g protein; 18 g carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fiber; 14 g net carbs per serving
comments powered by Disqus
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.